Monday, July 21, 2008

Under the Desk

I have dropped my pen and I can’t pick it up!
I dropped my pen today. It rolled way under my desk. It was just a cheap blue pen, but it was the only pen I had. At first, I didn’t think much about it. Then, the phone rang.
Of course, someone wanted to book a cruise. Here I was with a paying customer and my only pen under my desk. I quickly prayed for my children to come to my aide, but they were nowhere to be found. So, I had to do it!
I laid the phone on the desk, and I slowly lowered myself to the floor. At first, I was on my knees. The pen was still just out of my reach. So, I had no choice but to sprawl my fat butt on the floor.
While doing so, I knocked over my chair and the phone setting upon it. After some stretching, I finally retrieved my pen. Now, I had to grab my desk and pull myself up. Bad Mistake!
My desk tilted just a bit. Enough, of course, to knock over all my supplies. Now, I am lying in the floor covered in post-its and paper clips. I am also thanking the Lord that my computer did not fall on my head.
Then, I remember the phone. I knew I had to get to it quick. I decide the safest bet would be to crawl. So, I crawled on hands and knees to the phone. Out of breath, I picked up the phone.
“Sorry about that!” I whisper. The customer of course is gone.

No comments: